What Is Long Term Care Insurance?Today, we can look forward to longer lives. We also want to extend our quality of life and maintain our independence and dignity. And we want to honor our legacy commitments to our family and loved ones. As government programs become marginalized and leave huge gaps in coverage for the costs associated with long term care, private Long Term Care Insurance provides a cost-effective and comprehensive way for people to have a choice in where and how they want care provided.
Long Term Care Insurance helps cover or defray the cost of care. The policies pay for costs not covered by health insurance or Medicare. Long Term Care Insurance pays for custodial care, such as help with bathing and dressing, and skilled care from certified therapists and nurses for extended periods of time.
Who needs to purchase Long Term Care Insurance?Purchasing Long Term Care Insurance is a wise option to protect against the financial, emotional, and physical consequences of likely long term care needs.
Long Term Care Insurance is right for individuals who:
- Are reasonably healthy.
- Have health conditions that have been stabilized or resolved, such as cancer, heart disease, joint displacement, osteopenia, etc.
- Want access to a private pool of money that is available to pay for private-pay care in any setting maintaining independence and dignity.
- Do not want to burden their children with the costs/demands of long term care.
- Have a spouse who is older or deceased.
- Have an uninsurable spouse.
- Have financial assets beyond a Social Security benefit.
- Itemize medical expenses qualifying for federal deductions.
- Are a business owner and benefit from federal deductions.
- Single, widowed, or divorced women.
- Are in a second marriage or blended family.
- Have a family history of Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s.
If you meet any of the above criteria, Long Term Care Insurance may be an appropriate consideration.
Designing the policy that is right for you
There is no one-size-fits-all solution for Long Term Care Insurance. Some carriers’ policies are ideal for some, and yet not at all suitable for others. Carriers each have their sweet spots, which are based on age, marital status, gender, and most importantly, health history. Lifestyle, budget, and a desired level of flexibility further refine options. Policies vary from state to state, causing even more complexity or opportunity for those with dual residences.
We are affiliated with all of the top carriers.
Karp Loshak Long Term Care Insurance Solutions helps consumers and advisors plan for long term care needs with customized solutions among the myraid of options in today’s marketplace. We take you from “conversation to contract” with expertise and independence to ensure successful outcomes.
As independent brokers, we are affiliated with ALL the leading LTC Insurance carriers, which allow us to analyze and customize appropriate LTC planning solutions that include:
- Stand-Alone Long Term Care Plans
- State Partnership Plans
- Linked Benefit Asset-Based Plans
- Life Insurance with LTC or Chronic Illness Riders
- Annuities with LTC
- Licensed Nationally